Yesterday was March 14th. Pi Day! We had a hugh celebration at churchill. It was a ton of fun. We wore pi day shirts and we decorated pi shaped cookies. We also had the students calculate pi and make a pi chain. It was a lot of work but I am glad we planned this activity. I am posting a picture of the teachers and a picture of the cookies. I thought I probably should not post pictures of the students without permission, but I can tell you they had a ton of fun. I know I am a math nerd but I love pi day!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Way to own up to being one to celebrate pi day! Just kidding-I guess i am just a bit jealous because you were always the one to help me in math. Thanks for all of those late nights-oh and thanks to your dad too!
I am hoping to see you again soon so i will let you know when we get into town next month. :)
HAHAHA..this is the greatest post ever. Of course. Pi day! I had no idea, but it looks like you guys made the most of it!! And are you seriously wearing an "I Heart Pi" t-shirt??? That is the coolest!! Jules you crack me up. Let's get together again for American idol night or something :)
Now that brings back some memories! I forgot about Pi day. It seems like Churchill was always big on that. How fun!
Joan
I love it! I am so out of it cause I didn't remember to celebrate!!! I am glad you had fun.
You are my hero, Julie. I randomly found your blog through someone else! Hope life is good for you! I'll keep stalking you through your blog, if that's okay!
Tally Oldroyd Turner
http://tayandtalturner.blogspot.com
Hey so I cheered with you at Skyline if you remember-- I was shocked to see someone else celebrates PI Day. I work at BYU in the Mathematics Dept and we had a huge Pi Day celebration!! I also saw some pictures of your brother and it reminded me of how big of pain in the but cheerleader I was, you'll have to tell him sorry from me.
Post a Comment