OUR FIRST DAY AT THE BEACH

We drove down to Newport Beach for the day to relax and get some sun. There was little traffic on the way and after finding parking, . . . which took about as long as driving there . . ., we went to spend some time at the beach. And though we parked maybe 50 yards from the water, somehow we found ourselves shopping at the many boutiques (julie's fav) that stood between us and our goal. We did end up on the sand after some smooth dressing room use to get into our bathing suits. Don't worry we did buy a few things, but just not anything you needed a dressing room for. Exiting triumphantly in our bathing suits and new gigantous tourist identification hats, we made our way to the surf. Among our purchases, Julie did relent and buy a 175gram composite frisbee, the kind only a respectable beachgoer and ultimate frisbee player would use. The day was great and though we were a few dollars shorter, we'd do it again!
DISNEYLAND
While in California we had to keep to the Bauman family tradition and go to Disneyland. (Don't worry Devin knew he was marrying into a Disney family and yes we are wearing matching Disneyland shirts). On our way to Disneyland Devin made me wear my sweatshirt out of the hotel so he could save "some" embarrassment. Anyway we had a blast. Our favorite ride was splash mountain where we both got drenched. We also loved the parade but were sad because Space Mountain was closed.
10 comments:
Wahoo! Welcome to the blogging club! It is so fun to have all our friends doing it! Ok, so I know I have said this a million times, but it is time to post pictures of your house!
Hooray Jules!!! I'm so glad you've created a blog. I haven't even talked to you since you've been back from the honeymoon so we need to catch up! We're practically neighbors now, so call me when you're free!
Hey Julie...this is Rebecca Romney Mauss. I was blog surfing and found your blog (kind of addicting:). It is fun to see what old friends are up to through blog world. Congrats on the wedding! Keep in touch.
-Becca
SO EXCITED for the NEWLYWEDS!!! You two were such a gorgeous couple on your wedding day and I was happy and honored to be apart of it. Very glad to see you have started the blog trend so we can keep up with what you two are doing. However, I would love to get together in person to see your house and just catch up! Love you both!
Jules! Looks like fun in the sun. We love the matching shirts! We can't wait to hang out with you back in the SLC. Blake loves the name of your blog.
Julie...Congratulations on getting married! You guys make a cute couple! I hope everything is going well with you. Keep in touch.
-Megan Knudsen Johnson
Congratulations Julie! We heard the good news and saw your announcement at the Williams'. Hope you are doing well...
Joy (Fleming) Williams
Julie~
WOW, everyone is getting started with this blog stuff. It looks like you had a very fun time. I too love Disneyland. Glad that you are home safe and CONGRATULATIONS again.
Stephanie
P.S.(I am writing this from my dental hygiene class blog)I haven't started one myself
Hey! It sounds like you had a great honeymoon. Your wedding was so fun. I loved the dancing. Maybe if I can talk Ryan into it you can teach us.
Post a Comment